This Privacy Notice applies to “ Personal Information” (information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person) collected on or through the Site and is not intended to fully describe our privacy policies. It does not, for example, apply to Personal Information collected through any website operated by any third party, even if it is linked to or accessible from the Site. This Privacy Notice describes the Personal Information that we gather from you, how we use and disclose your Personal Information, your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information and the steps we take to protect your Personal Information. By accessing, using or visiting the Site, you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice as posted at the time of your access, use or visit. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, please stop using this Site.
The Personal Information that we collect about you and how we collect it:
We collect and process several types of Personal Information from and about users of the Site. The types of Personal Information we collect and process may include the following:
- Contact information (such as name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number)
- Financial account information (such as credit/debit card number and bank account number)
- Health-related information (such as medical history)
- Internet or other electronic/online network activity information (such as IP address, internet connection, equipment used to access the Site and usage details)
In addition to the above categories, we may collect other information that is about you but cannot independently be used to identify you.
We collect this Personal Information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site and from third parties, such as our business partners or service providers, as well as physicians, social workers or other medical professionals with whom you put us in contact.
- Personal Information you provide:
You may provide us with Personal Information when you fill out forms or fields on the Site; [when you register for an account], when you purchase products or services on or though the Site or when you contact us or request information about us, this Site or our products or services (whether by email or other means). In addition, Personal Information may be shared with us by your physicians, social workers or other medical professionals, but only with your prior written consent.
Some features of our Site may allow you to provide content, such as comments or reviews. To the extent permitted by local law, all content submitted to us or third parties in connection with your use of the Site may be retained or used by us indefinitely.
2. Personal Information we automatically collect:
When you visit the Site, or use a third-party website that interacts with our Site, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit before or after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site.
How we use the Personal Information we collect:
- We may use the Personal Information we collect about you, that you provide to us or that is provided to us from third parties to whom you have consented to the sharing of such Personal Information with us in order to provide the products and services offered on or through our Site.
- We generally use the Personal Information we collect about you or that you provide to us in order to provide you with information you request from us, to process payments or to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide such information.
- We may use Personal Information in any way we may describe to you when you provide such Personal Information or for any other purpose with your consent.
- We may use information about your use of the Site to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site, and to improve fraud detection and information security.
- We may use your e-mail address or other Personal Information to contact you (a) for administrative purposes such as to notify you of changes to this Privacy Notice or other policies or to our products and services and/or (b) to send you promotional materials about our products and services. Generally, you can opt out of receiving promotional communications, through links provided in the messages, or by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Although your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all Personal Information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
- We may use the Personal Information we collect about you or that you provide to us for our internal business administration and record keeping purposes.
- We may use the Personal Information we collect about you or that you provide to us for legal and regulatory compliance purposes, including, for example, as necessary to respond to governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agency requests.
We may use Personal Information we collect (including automatically or through cookies) to: (a) personalize our products and services, such as remembering your Personal Information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site; (b) provide customized content and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Site; and (d) monitor aggregate Site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
When we disclose your Personal Information:
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that cannot independently be used to identify any individual, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To third parties for business or marketing purposes.
- To our third-party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, credit card processing and other services for us.
- If required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to take precautions against liability; to comply with various reporting obligations; to protect ourselves from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to comply with state and federal laws; or in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, whether as a going concern or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- In any way we may describe to you when you provide such Personal Information, to fulfill any other purposes for which you provide such Personal Information or for any other purpose with your consent.
We do not sell or offer to sell any Personal Information about you to third parties.
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of our products or services or the features and functionality of the Site.
[Once you have registered for an account on the Site, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Site.]
[You may receive email offers or newsletters from us. If you do not wish to receive email offers or newsletters from us, you can opt out of receiving email information from us (except for emails related to your purchase of products or services, and other communications essential to your transactions through the Site) by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email. Should you opt out, we will promptly honor your request, though we may retain certain Personal Information you submit (including in backups or archives) for a variety of purposes, including analytics, the prevention of fraud or abuse and compliance with our legal or regulatory obligations.]
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy:
We welcome children to learn more about us and about the educational issues presented on our Site, and we are particularly respectful of the privacy of our young users. We encourage parents to monitor their children’s use of the Internet and to help us protect their privacy by instructing them never to provide Personal Information on this Site or any of our products or services without permission. Our privacy practices are guided by the United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. In order for a child under the age of 13 to participate on the Site, no Personal Information is collected from a child until such time as verifiable consent is received from the child’s parent or guardian. In addition, parents or guardians of children under the age of 13 have the option of consenting to the collection and use of their child’s Personal Information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to certain third parties. We do not attempt to extract unnecessary information from our users, regardless of age. Parents and guardians are encouraged to monitor the Personal Information their children provide on the Site, and may delete their child’s account by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Commitment to Data Security:
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your Personal Information; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you transmit to us through the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that your Personal Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Even after removal, copies of Personal Information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such Personal Information.
In addition, links on the Site may take you to third-party websites over which we have no control. While such links are provided for your convenience, you should be aware that the information handling practices of the linked websites might not be the same as ours. You should review any privacy policies on those linked websites. We are not responsible for any linked websites.
Additional Information for Individuals Whose Personal Information is Subject to the CCPA:
Residents of the state of California have certain rights with respect to their Personal Information pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) as further described in this section. Please note that the rights under the CCPA do not apply to (i) personnel or job applicants seeking opportunities with us or (ii) personnel working on behalf of business partners with whom we are conducting business.
To the extent the CCPA is applicable to us, under certain circumstances, under the CCPA you may have the right to:
- request that we disclose, free of charge, the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we collect about you (and, if applicable, sell or otherwise disclose to a third party and the categories of such third parties), the sources from which such Personal Information was collected, and the business purpose for collecting, selling or disclosing such Personal Information;
- choose to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information. Currently, we do not sell your Personal Information; and
- request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected about you.
We will not discriminate against any California resident who exercises the rights set forth in this section.
You have the right to appoint an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. If you want to exercise any of these rights, or have your authorized agent exercise any of these rights on your behalf, then please contact us using the details set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice.
To exercise any of these rights, we may need to request specific information from you or your authorized agent to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to exercise these rights. These rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
For consumers with disabilities who need to access this Privacy Notice in an alternative format, please contact us using the details set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Visitors from Outside the United States:
This Site is controlled and operated by Skjema LLC in the United States. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you acknowledge that you will be transferring your information, including Personal Information, outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, as necessary to provide to you the products and services available through the Site.
Limitation of Liability:
By accessing this Site and/or providing us with Personal Information and other data, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold us harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of such Personal Information. In addition, while we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data by our service providers that may receive your Personal Information from us, we are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your Personal Information caused by those service providers.
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice:
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat your Personal Information, including by placing a prominent notice on the Site or by sending you an email so that you can choose whether to continue using the Site. Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Privacy Notice.
Do Not Track Disclosures:
Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our products or services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how “Do Not Track” should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.